No sound on Ubuntu 11.10 with XBMC PRE ?.

• Hello,

since yesterday I finally got XBMC running with Ubuntu 11.10. Thanks to -BS-!
    But now I continued with the setting today.

But had to find out that I get no sound.
    Try to output the sound only via HDMI on the TV. So actually quite tribial.
    Regardless of whether DTS, AC3, stereo, etc., everything should only be sent to the television via HDMI!

With my old version (Ubuntu 10.10 + XBMC Stable) it was all very easy to do.

But I just don't get to hear anything now.

I installed a GeForce 210. HDMI cable etc. everything is correct, ALSA insatlliert But nothing to hear!
    Can someone tell me which settings I have to use so that I can hear what?

thanks
    alexsunny

• Google findet zumindest nur diesen Post. Ist also nichts kopiertes, wie es scheint

To the OP...

Ubuntu 11 is WAY outdated and unsupported. XBMC is also outdated unsupported and has meanwhile been renamed to "Kodi". There isn't even a Kodi PPA for Ubuntu 11 anymore. If you got XMBC from the Ubuntu repository, then please consider asking the Ubuntu maintainer for the XBMC package (which is not TeamKodi) for support.

If you want us to support you, then

- install a recent Ubuntu version (at least 18.04)
    - after the above, install Kodi from the Kodi ppa following these instructions: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:In…d_distributions

If you don't use such versions, then we can't and won't help you.

Wertschätzung kostet nichts, aber sie ist von unschätzbarem Wert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!