install Estuary mod V2 => KODI crash

• Zuerst entschuldiging. Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut.

Ich versuche der Skin Estuary mod V2 zu installeren von Nerdsrepo (look and feel/skin).

Jedes mal "crasht" Kodi (stopt). Kodi Matrix v19.3 auf Fantec 4KS6000

Kan jemand hilfen ?

Danke.

• This is a known issue but not fixed yet. Only Android devices are affected. See here: Probleme bei der Installation von Addons aus dem Nerdsrepo unter Android

AZi (DEV): Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4 GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk| Rii mini
    DEV: PC Ubuntu 20.04 | Matrix
    AZi: Tanix TX3 | Android/CoreElec Dualboot (EMMC), Nexus
    WoZi: Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk SSD | Atric IR | URC7960
    NAS: unRaid, 3x6TB, 2x12TB | TV-Server: Futro S550 mit Hauppauge QuadHD DVB-C
    PayPal: paypal.me/pvdbj1

• Thanks.
    I managed to install Estuary MOD V2 by first installing script.module.pvr.artwork-2.0.2 (from zip file), and than skin.estuary.modv2-master (also from zip file).
    It works !

But I am still struggling to change the main menu. I would like a separate item for my video Concerts (all these files are in a separate directory "Concerts").
    It is easy to create the item in the menu (with label and logo), but I am doing something wrong since nothing appears when I go (or click) to this new item.

Is there any help (tutorial) available ?
    Thanks in advance.

• Apply your concert folder to the database and assign as database type "this folder contains music videos" (yes, music videos). Use the tmdb scraper for this folder or - even better - "TMDB Concert Mod" from nerdsrepo. All your concerts will now shown in the menu entry "Music Videos". Simply rename this entry to "Concerts" (Settings -> Skin -> Modify Main Menu) or whatelse suit your needs. That's all.

• There are different ways to organize such content. Best solution in my opinion is to collect themes into smart playlists and display them as widget(s) in a main menu item. Please consult the Kodi wiki for smart playlists as this is to expensive to describe here.

AZi (DEV): Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4 GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk| Rii mini
    WoZi: Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk SSD | Atric IR | URC7960

• As you helped me out so much, can I ask one last question ?

I am using a Fantec Android machine, running Kodi 19.3.
    My mediaplayer has an optical out to my Yamaha receiver.
    When using the built-in mediaplayer in the Fantec machine (so not Kodi),
    I can pass through Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Ex, DTS to my AV receiver.

I remember it used to work with Kodi for Dolby Digital and DTS.

Since recently, the DTS sound passed through to the receiver, is stereo only.
    I checked the Kodi wiki for the required audio settings.
    Then navigated to settings/system/sound.

First surprise, the "output audio device" is greyed out. Should be SPDIF (according to wiki).
    When I enable pass through, the output audio device becomes AudioTrack (RAW) Android IEC packer (but still greyed out).

DD transcoding should be disabled (according to wiki), but then I get only Stereo (in the case of DTS).
    When I enable DD transcoding, my receiver shows Dolby Digital. Better than Stereo, but still no DTS.

The wiki states I should enable "DTS capable receiver", so Kodi does not transcode to DD but sends the raw bitstream to my receiver.
    But there is no such option visible in the menu. (There is a "DD capable receiver" though, which I enabled and Dolby works fine).

Is there a way to instruct Kodi not to transcode DTS to Dolby Digital, but to send the DTS RAW bitstream via the optical out to my receiver ?

I went back to Kodi 18.9. The same problem occurs. I am now back on Kodi 19.3

• Sorry, I have no clue for that. May another one helps here.

• I am not sure I understand.
    The fantec mediaplayer does pass through DTS to my Yamaha receiver when I use the built-in mediaplayer (and not Kodi).

There is also a (pre-installed) app "wrapper", that adds this wrapper as videoplayer in Kodi.
    I can use "play with ..." to choose "wrapper", than it shows DTS on my receiver.
    When I select "Videoplayer" (the KODI default), no DTS is passed on to my receiver.
    Therefore, I suspect some incompatibility between the KODI videoplayer and my Fantec machine.
    Or is there something else ?

• I have read this and similar agruing several times here

This is a codec lincens thing.

At first it sounded reasonable. But after a while, I have some doubts. Do you/does anybody here have first hand knowledge about this? The general argument is:

passthrough does not work, because license is missing. Kodi will convert this to PCM or whatever then.

But does this really make any sense? Passthrough, as the word seems to imply, should work without any codec knowledge (only container format knowledge). However, convertion to another format obviously needs knowledge about the codec and means to decode/recode it. So, when a license is missing, how can ever conversion work, but passthrough not? I myself have written tools to look into transport streams and do some easy things with them. I have never learned to decode them. But passing on - where is the problem?

Kodi 20.4, 17.6, 20.3, 16, 20.3 on Windows 11 Pro, Android 6, Android 12, FireTV Box 2nd Gen, FireTV 4k Max 2nd Gen
    Media on NAS, OpenMediaVault 6 (Debian Linux).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!