No sound at XBMC autostart

• Hello everyone,,

I joined the XBMC world recently. I have a Zotac AQ01 increased with 4GB Ram and SSD disk.
    I installed an Ubuntu 13.10 - ATI driver works very well, (have no stuttering, etc.)

Because everything worked so wonderful, I thought, now I put everything else so the XBMC starts right away.
    Have some solutions found how to do that best.
    I decided then for the following solution:

adjust the /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

[SeatDefaults]
    autologin-user = xbmc autologin
    -user-timeout = 0
    user-session = XBMC
    greeter-session = lightdm-gtk-greeter

Creating the /usr/share/xsessions/XBMC.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
    Name = XBMC
    Comment = This session will start XBMC Media Center
    Exec = xbmc-standalonereverse phone lookupnba reddit pcpartpicker

TryExec = xbmc-standalone
    Type = Application

The autostart works very well. Only now I have the problem that I rausbringe no sound over HDMI more.

The problem is as follows:
    I [definition='1','0']log[/definition] in with the user xbm in the Unity interface and start xbmc the sound works fine.
    If I do not [definition='1','0']log[/definition] in to the Unity interface, I choose XBMC right away when [definition=12,9]logging[/definition] in, or I do not have an HDMI sound on the autostart.
    When I start XBMC in Unity I also have additional audio output devices (HDMI # 0, HDMI # 1) I do not have these in the autostart.

Have already tried the search function. There are many topics about "no sound via HDMI", I have already tried one or the other but unfortunately without success.

Does anyone have an idea about this?

Many thanks for your help

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gabar (29. September 2019 um 18:21)

• I installed an Ubuntu 13.10

Get a more recent Ubntu version. Ubuntu 13.10 is EOL sind July 2014.

Also make sure, that the user you are using for Kodi is in the specific groups (audo and video). Also be aware to probably start Kodi using Alsa instead of Pulseaudio. Using Pulseaudio might get you troubles with passthrough if an AVR is in the chain.

Please read that for further info: https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio

Wertschätzung kostet nichts, aber sie ist von unschätzbarem Wert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!