Maven's Kodi-Builds für Android

• Hi all, I have a Sony x900h TV and I have installed Matrix and Master but I always have a problem when Im playing some movie files with HEVC .265 , the image will have green lines and blurry , the only way that I can make it work is to disable the processing " allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec Surface from the settings . Please let me know if there is a fix for this cause its happening on all Matrix or Master builds . Thanks
    Its happening only with some files that have HEVC x265 - description from the file is ( HEVC h.265 web dl , dolby digital , 5.1 ) . Thank you

Neither @Maven nor anyone else here is developing the DV or audio/micro stutter code. Maven gives us builds combining the code from other kodi developers like @quietvoid or @fandangos.

At the point of developing the DV code focus was on devices like the Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro and some Amazon devices (I don’t know which exactly).

With a Sony device/tv we can’t help you here, at least in my opinion. There were some positive feedbacks in the kodi.tv forum for Philips and Sony TVs. Try to ask for help there.

Here is the mixed result for the profile 7 mkv enhancement, where I searched for the keyword „Sony“:

https://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=results&sid=27914407c7764875d719259f6f740989&sortby=dateline&order=desc&uid=0

Keep in mind that this thread is for profile 7 mkv enhancements, which you get if you remux your 4K UHD disc and not for profile 5 mp4 web downloads. I don’t know if there is a thread for that kind of files. Maybe because of legal issues… I don’t want to know where you got these files from.

Did you try the demolandia demo files I linked above?

In early days of DV developement these files worked out of the box with an unmodified Kodi Matrix.

I tried both latest official Matrix and Nexus last night. Matrix didn't triggered DV at all (wrong colors). Nexus triggered DV with the same problems (lost frames + freezes).

Interesting! I can only say that it already worked with matrix. I can try to test the demolandia files this week again with my official Kodi (Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, LG C9, Sonos Arc) and report back here.

DV is out of development scope at the moment. But there is/was some good activity in fixing Dolby Atmos audio drop outs and micro stutter issues:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365127

Read the first post carefully. The thread is for discussion of the builds provided in that thread only, no DV enhancements for mkv capabilities integrated. But Kodi Matrix should support DV profile 5 mp4 already. Try your luck in that thread. Don’t forget to describe your setup and to post a [definition=12,0]debug[/definition].[definition='1','0']log[/definition].

Regards Hoppel

frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
    backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

• thank you for taking your time and explain everything in here but I have no problem playing DV files even the 4k ultra ones , these are some smaller ones like 4GB - 8G per file , I cannot say in here what are the files cause I will be banned but can you please message me in private so we can have a conversation or maybe you can do the same test as me and check the result :) Its just only with some particular files not with all the HEVC .265 files and the dolby atmos files are working just fine , all the colors are right , please send me a message if you can , Thank you and appreciate @hoppel118

• Oh cool, i gonna download those mp4 samples ... il get back at you
    When using Maven build my AVR only puts out PCM audio... with the exact same settings i use with the Fandango build and there i do get Atmos, DD+, Dts X etc .
    But seeing your reaction on this... you say...that maven does passtrough on your set? Somewhere down the line i made a mistake perhaps in setting ?

EDIT : i tested all demo files...and they played al perfect . What a crisp picture !!
    You got me in doubt with your answer over there... that got me thinking... maybe i should delete everything and start from scratch (clean install) with latest version...
    And ill be damned .... i saw Atmos in the test files ...!! Whooooop whoop thank you @hoppel118

Running : Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro , Denon AVR-X2400H , Klipsch Speakers Front RF15 , Rear RS-25 ,Center R-25C,Sub Klipsch R-112SW ,Atmos Onkyo speakers, LG Oled55C8PLA

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von RobertoNL (4. Januar 2022 um 19:39)

• thank you for taking your time and explain everything in here but I have no problem playing DV files even the 4k ultra ones , these are some smaller ones like 4GB - 8G per file , I cannot say in here what are the files cause I will be banned but can you please message me in private so we can have a conversation or maybe you can do the same test as me and check the result :) Its just only with some particular files not with all the HEVC .265 files and the dolby atmos files are working just fine , all the colors are right , please send me a message if you can , Thank you and appreciate @hoppel118

NO! I won't help you to evaluate an issue for (downloaded) content, you don't own or didn't buy. This is the wrong forum and the wrong user base here. I don't want to get in touch with such things. Bye, I am out.

Oh cool, i gonna download those mp4 samples ... il get back at youWhen using Maven build my AVR only puts out PCM audio... with the exact same settings i use with the Fandango build and there i do get Atmos, DD+, Dts X etc .
    But seeing your reaction on this... you say...that maven does passtrough on your set? Somewhere down the line i made a mistake perhaps in setting ?

EDIT : i tested all demo files...and they played al perfect . What a crisp picture !!
    You got me in doubt with your answer over there... that got me thinking... maybe i should delete everything and start from scratch (clean install) with latest version...
    And ill be damned .... i saw Atmos in the test files ...!! Whooooop whoop thank you @hoppel118

Great! So, I don't need to test it. DV and Atmos works for you with the mp4 demo files. Which build did you use for your tests? As I already said, this demo mp4 files should also work with an unmodified Kodi Matrix. If it is not the case, you made a mistake in remuxing/converting your movies, use the wrong settings (every hardware/software component can play a role) or your hardware/firmware doesn't support it somewhere in the chain.

Regards Hoppel

frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
    backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi

• This is a German Community. You can use the english kodi Community!

Gaming-PC: AMD 5600X | Nvidia 3060 Ti FE | MSI X570 Unify | Crucial Ballistix 32 GB 3600/16 | Corsair RMx 850w | Fractal Meshify 2 Compact |
    Internet: Magenta | Fritz!Box 6660 Cable | 1028 Mbit/s / 53 Mbit/s |
    Handy: Google Pixel 6 | Magenta 5G | Yesss |

• Great! So, I don't need to test it. DV and Atmos works for you with the mp4 demo files. Which build did you use for your tests? As I already said, this demo mp4 files should also work with an unmodified Kodi Matrix. If it is not the case, you made a mistake in remuxing/converting your movies, use the wrong settings (every hardware/software component can play a role) or your hardware/firmware doesn't support it somewhere in the chain.

Regards Hoppel

i just used the maven builds only ... maybe it got corrupted down the line with updating it i reckon. At first it did play atmos... later on not anymore.
    Then i just played my remuxes through Fandango 19 DV final build. But i rather have it up to date.. Thanks for your time , most obliged

Running : Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro , Denon AVR-X2400H , Klipsch Speakers Front RF15 , Rear RS-25 ,Center R-25C,Sub Klipsch R-112SW ,Atmos Onkyo speakers, LG Oled55C8PLA

• Thanks for the info , I will try the Fandango but I found that lots of user have my issue and its because Kodi cannot display certain resolution from movies for example the image bellow . this is the link where the people have the same issue as me . https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365415

Externer Inhalt i.imgur.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
  • Hier tut sich was in Bezug auf Dolby Vision: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull…ment-1005789417

Bin gespannt, wie es weiter geht! :D

Thanks @quietvoid

Viele Grüße Hoppel

• Ich würde gerne die Marvin Version auf meinem Sony LCD installieren. Aber irgendwie bricht er dann immer mit "wurde nicht installiert" ab. Die Store Version funktioniert, aber da stottert bei Atmos leider das Bild. Woran könnte das Liegen?

• Leider auf der tv sony xr series Installation der Maven Compilation:kodinerds-20220106-ceed004b-master-ATV-121-armeabi-v7a.apk ist unmöglich. Jedes Mal erhalte ich die Meldung: Die Anwendung wurde nicht installiert. Vielleicht ist es eine Frage der Sicherheit. Die offizielle Version von Kodi Matrix 19.3 aus dem Google Play Store lässt sich problemlos installieren. Funktioniert ok, unterstützt aber kein DV für mkv-Dateien.

• Funktioniert das Installieren von apks denn grundsätzlich?

Ich verwende dafür auf meiner Nvidia Shield die App „X-plore File Manager“. Das hat bisher immer super funktioniert. Auch wenn das kein Sony TV ist und bei der Shield die arm64-v8a statt armeabi-v7a verwendet wird, sollte das ja (eigentlich) genauso funktionieren. Kannst es ja mal damit ausprobieren. :)

Was ist denn eigentlich die genaue Fehlermeldung? Kannst du mal ein Foto/Screenshot machen?

Gruß Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!