Advanced WOL

• seconds passed

Thank you for porting Advanced Wake on LAN to kodi matrix. I use english and noticed it says seconds left instead of seconds passed in both the german and english strings.po.

Google translate:

Sekunden vergingen

Vielen Dank, dass Sie Advanced Wake on LAN auf die Kodi-Matrix portiert haben. Ich benutze Englisch und bemerkte, dass sowohl in der deutschen als auch in der englischen string.po Sekunden übrig statt Sekunden vergangen sind.

• Has been fixed just right now.

AZi (DEV): Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4 GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk| Rii mini
    DEV: PC Ubuntu 20.04 | Matrix
    AZi: Tanix TX3 | Android/CoreElec Dualboot (EMMC), Nexus
    WoZi: Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk SSD | Atric IR | URC7960
    NAS: unRaid, 3x6TB, 2x12TB | TV-Server: Futro S550 mit Hauppauge QuadHD DVB-C
    PayPal: paypal.me/pvdbj1

• Another GUI improvement for this addon.

Why? Update the now variable before displaying the progress message instead of after, otherwise we are always showing 5 seconds below the actual elapsed time because the ping subprocess timeout is a non-negligible 5 seconds.

Code
    subprocess.run("ping -{} 1 {}".format(count, current_ip_address), shell=
    True, check=True, timeout=5)
  • Why not? It's just dirty code! [ad] Possibly this code snippet comes from the original maintainer of the addon. Will fix it later.

AZi (DEV): Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4 GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk| Rii mini
    WoZi: Nexus auf LibreElec | Asrock J4205 | 4GB RAM | 128 GB Sandisk SSD | Atric IR | URC7960

• The old addon on linux used to ping every second and I got used to how many seconds my server takes to wake up and noticed the number is now much lower. Here's a change that makes it refresh every second as before:

The now variable is refreshed right after the ping so the now in the [definition='1','0']log[/definition] file is correct too.
    Warning: I don't really know python and I only tested on linux so Windows is untested but it should hopefully work!

• ping -n 1 - w 1000 <IP> works on Win10 on a console/terminal.

• I tried this addon on Windows 10 and it didn't work. It turns out the addon is fine and kodi is fine. The problem is if you have VirtualBox installed on windows (not even currently running it) the magic packet gets sent to the wrong network interface. Workaround here.

Hope this helps someone.

• I'm on Kodi 20.3 Nexus on Windows

The "Advanced WOL addon" which was working perfectly, updated today.

I noticed an extra NG at the end of the name "Advanced WOL NG" (No Good ? ) [ab]

It ran infinitely without waking anything up.

Went into the settings and device name and MAC address were lost. I set them.

Now it wakes up the host but showed 1 of 32000 seconds passed.

Changed "ping timeout for host up check" to 30. It displays 30 instead of 32xxx

If the host is already awake it says so but the spinning wheel is displayed for 1-2s uselessly (old version didn't do that).

When I exit kodi it freezes/hangs. If in fullscreen mode I have to logout as my task manager is not set to always on top. If the "Advanced WOL NG" addon was not run, kodi exits normally.

While installing I saw a new icon like in the repo with a big 4 on it. The icon has reverted to the old one without the 4 both in the Add-ons and Favourites screens.

• The addon is now able to serve up to 4 devices. That was a wish of several users and has now been implemented. But new structure of the addon mess up the old settings. I strongly recommend resetting the settings to default values and setting them again.

Now it wakes up the host but showed 1 of 32000 seconds passed.

Changed "ping timeout for host up check" to 30. It displays 30 instead of 32xxx

The settings structure has changed today. This behaviour should be fixed.

The icon has reverted to the old one without the 4 both in the Add-ons and Favourites screens.

And that's an issue with the image cache of Kodi.

• Upgraded to 4.0.1 and the freeze on exit on Windows seems to be fixed (minimal testing).

Can't speak to the 32xxx bug as that had already disappeared from 4.0.0 after changing the settings.

Deleted the old thumbnail manually from the cache. The installer could do this?

Back in business. Thanks for the quick fix. [ay]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!