[Beta] OSMOSIS *Streams zur DB hinzufügen

• Working on nexus = yes

On Omega beta2 = yes

Thanks for your quick reply.

I've downloaded the zip file from here:

GitHub - Maven85/plugin.video.osmosis: Kodi add-on to add streams to library
    Kodi add-on to add streams to library. Contribute to Maven85/plugin.video.osmosis development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

File name: plugin.video.osmosis-master.zip

But when I try and install, I get this error:

"dependency on xmbc.python version 2.26.0 could not be satisfied"

So I presume this is compatibility problem with Nexus 20.2

Is there another version available that is compatible?

Thank you

• Funny, I completely re-set up Kodi Omega a week ago and was able to install osmosis without any error messages.

U can find the addon fuzzywussy on github

• Rechtschreibfehler sind nicht zufällig, richtig angeordnet ergeben sie eine Formel mit der man Milch zu Bier machen kann.

• You have to enable the option to install Addons from zip first.

That's a security feature. You should have been prompted a notification where you should haven been able to access the settings an enable the "install via zip" option.

The setting is located at "settings" -> "system" -> "Addons" -> "Unknown sources"

Android, for example, has a similar setting for installing apk-files

Edit:

If we're talking about this one:

GitHub - lars-a/script.module.fuzzywuzzy: https://github.com/seatgeek/fuzzywuzzy/tree/master/fuzzywuzzy packed as an addon for kodi
    https://github.com/seatgeek/fuzzywuzzy/tree/master/fuzzywuzzy packed as an addon for kodi - GitHub - lars-a/script.module.fuzzywuzzy:…
    github.com

That won't install without modifications. The addon.xml mentions "xbmc.addon" in version "2.14.0".

That won't work for Omega as that will at least need "3.0.0". Try changing that and pray the code will still work.

If there's any fork it would be good to link to it <- Kampfader

Not the best pattern, btw, to provide an Addon in a repo which has a dependency to another Addon not in the same repo.

Wertschätzung kostet nichts, aber sie ist von unschätzbarem Wert.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DaVu (28. Dezember 2023 um 00:17)

• I just downloaded osmosis from the Kodinerds-repo and took a look at the code. The "script.module.fuzzywuzzy" -Addon is implemented as an "optional" dependency:

<import addon="script.module.fuzzywuzzy" version="0.17.0" optional="true"/>

So that means, that osmosis will install this addon only if needed or the function at the parent add-on will be used.

Looking at the code a bit further it's set optional:

Python
    try:
        from fuzzywuzzy import fuzz
        use_fuzzy_matching = True
        addon_log('tvdb using fuzzywuzzy for compare')
    except:
        use_fuzzy_matching = False

So this means, that osmosis tries to import "fuzz" from "fuzzywuzzy" and if that was successful set the variable "use_fuzzy_matchin" is set to "true" and you will see it in your logs. Otherwise the variable is set to "false"

The only two other section where the variable is in use are:

Code
               for epName in epNames:
                    if use_fuzzy_matching == True:
                        if episode.get('episodeName', None):

which is just a comparison and if "True" then the other "if"-condition will be checked. Otherwise it won't (the rest of the code is not relevant for that comparison).

and:

Code
    if ratio_max >= 95 or (use_fuzzy_matching == False and ratio_max >= 80):
                match_found = True

which means that "match_found" is only set to "True" if:

• ratio_max is bigger or equal to "95"

or

• if "use_fuzzy_matching" equals to "False" AND "ratio_max" is bigger or equal "80"

So, in the end, Osmosis only calls that "fuzzywuzzy"-addon only at the point where it's "trying" (see the "Try" at the code above) to import it. At no other point Osmosis calls fuzzywuzzy which really makes it totally optional.

And just to confirm it, I installed it on my Linux machine and installing went fine without installing "fuzzywuzzy".

So not sure what you did. Could you please provide a [definition='1','1']debuglog[/definition]?

• If there's any fork it would be good to link to it <- Kampfader

I don't have a fork.

When I installed OSMOSIS, I didn't get an error message that fuzzywuzzy was missing. Kodi is newly installed

• Rechtschreibfehler sind nicht zufällig, richtig angeordnet ergeben sie eine Formel mit der man Milch zu Bier machen kann.

• From your [definition='1','0']log[/definition] all seems fine.

I've now deinstalled osmosis and installed it again using the Kodinerds-Repo. And yes...there's a message that "The following add-ons will be installed" and that "Fuzzywuzzy" is not available. But that's not an error-message. That's a notification. There's a slightly difference between an error message and a notification ;)

Apart from that, could you please show us a screenshot what you see after opening osmosis?

What do you expect what osmosis does?

• Hi,

When I first open Osmosis, after a fresh install I see this:

Imgur
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining…
    imgur.com

When I click on OK, I see this:

Imgur
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining…
    imgur.com

If I click on 'Video Favorites I see this:

Imgur
    imgur.com

I was expecting be able to set up media sources such as Amazon VOD etc. I thought Osmosis would ask this on first running?

Is there something in 'configure' that I need to set up for media sources?

If it was working correctly for me - if I right clicked on a video file in Amazon VOD or on an existing movie file in my library, I would expect to see a 'create strm' or similar option in the context menu. Osmosis would then create a strm file and save it in a folder

Or have I completely misunderstood?

• Then I'm out of ideas.

I have the full list of options available.

Maybe it's your [definition='2','1']advancedsettings[/definition] which excludes stuff from listing. The regexes look fine, so I'm only guessing at this point.

Would be good to know if it's the same on a fresh Kodi install with nothing else set up

• Then I'm out of ideas.

Maybe it's your [definition='2','1']advancedsettings[/definition] which excludes stuff from listing. The regexes look fine, so I'm only guessing at this point.

Would be good to know if it's the same on a fresh Kodi install with nothing else set up

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

I've got backups of my current setup, so I'll try a fresh install and see what happens.

• Then I'm out of ideas.

OK. done a fresh install of Kodi and Osmosis is working fine. Downloaded a movie from Amazon Vod. Strm working fine.

It must have been something in my original setup.

Thank you for your help!

• Then I'm out of ideas.

After trial and error, It is something in my [definition='2','1']advancedsettings[/definition].xml file causing the problem. If I find out exactly which line, I'll let you know.

• Hi,

Is it possible to change where strms are saved?

I have kodi on a Nvidia Shield and the addon has created a folder in the Shield. Ideally I'd like to have a strms folder on my NAS, but I'm not sure if this can be done, and which setting I need to change in the Osmosis config?

• What's the goal? To copy what you've streamed?

What sense would it make to store the data on a network and deal with the bandwidth if the local file access is way faster?

ok, that was nonsense ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DaVu (28. Dezember 2023 um 20:39)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!