Kodi Standalone auf Ubuntu Server 14.04 Reboot ist just doing Quit

• Hallo,

I've installed Kodi on Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 and configured all. But on litte thing is missing. The function "Reboot" or "Restart" in the main menu is not rebooting the system it justs quits kodi and launches kodi again.
    Skin Aeon MQ5 Helix Mod
    My config:
    Upstart with /etc/init/kodi.conf

In /home/user/.kodi/addons/skin.aeonmq5.helixmod/720p I located and changed the file which is responsable for the actions done when selecting Shutdown / Reboot / Quit, and set all to reboot. The system is running 24/7 asnd shut not switch of.

Code
    <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1201.master,reboot)</onfocus><!-- Sair -->
                                    <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1201.action,Reboot)</onfocus>
                                    <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1202.master,reboot)</onfocus><!-- Desligar sistema -->
                                    <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1202.action,Reboot)</onfocus>
                                    <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1203.master,reboot)</onfocus><!-- Reiniciar sistema -->
                                    <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1203.action,Reboot)</onfocus>

I added some ploicies like described in here:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/2372…g-your-computer

But reboot just relaunches kodi.

It's doing the same like I type sudo service kodi restart on console.

Thanks for advices and tips.

br

Kitsab

Kodi 16.1 auf Kodibuntu Server 14.04. Mit PVR-VDR Client Version 2.2.0.
    Proc: AMD 4850e / Mobo: GA-MA790-DS4H Onboard Grafik AMD HD3300/ 4GB Ram / 64GB SSD für System und PVR Client Aufnahmen / Raid 5 (4x 2TB HDD).

• Hallo,

I caused the issue by myself.

Solution of all:

I previously renamed the /sbin/shutdown command to avoid the computer to be switched off. This caused the issue with the "reboot" functiion.

As I restored the shutdown the computer could be shutdown again by the shutdown function evern with my modification in Helix Addon xml file. So I found a different guide how to set up a policy only for shutdown not for restart.
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/9354…spend-hibernate

With this both fixes, it was done.

Kodi 16.1 auf Kodibuntu Server 14.04. Mit PVR-VDR Client Version 2.2.0.
    Proc: AMD 4850e / Mobo: GA-MA790-DS4H Onboard Grafik AMD HD3300/ 4GB Ram / 64GB SSD für System und PVR Client Aufnahmen / Raid 5 (4x 2TB HDD).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!