[ADDON] Hyperion.NG

• Hello all,

From next CoreELEC 8.90.2 release Hyperion.NG will be available as an addon.

This thread serves all discussions related to feedback, improvements and support of this addon.

WELCOME!

Currently there are the following limitations issues:
    - No support for Rockchip
    - Slowness bug still present on amlogic, kernel issue

• All feedback and improvement is welcome.

Please let me know if you have any information regarding the above-mentioned limitations:

Is there already support for rockchip?

Does anyone have more details on what causes the slowness after sometime?

• Last time this was discussed we figured out: audio gets out of sync.
    but that seems to be the result of slowness (picture slow only => async happens)
    i dont know more about it.
    do you need a specific logfile?

do we need a new/different "hyperion.config.json" for hyperion.ng?

Odroid N2 (S922X) mit 8GB eMMC und CoreELEC/Ambilight(Hyperion) mit Arduino Uno und WS2812-LED´s / Samsung 46"FullHD / Logitech Z-5500

• There may be a development on CE kernel that may fix this issue, it may take sometime though to be sure.
    I'll keep this thread up to date with the information.

Regarding Hyperion.ng configuration, yes it differs from hyperion, but you now have and web interface where everything can be configured and tested without the need to write in the json file.

• hm addon is not working for me. I have a Mecool KI Pro with Coreelec 8.90.2

ssh in: May 26 13:24:08 LibreWZ systemd[1]: Starting Hyperion service...
    ssh in: May 26 13:24:08 LibreWZ systemd[1]: Started Hyperion service.
    ssh in: May 26 13:24:08 LibreWZ sh[3762]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
    ssh in: May 26 13:24:08 LibreWZ sh[3762]: what(): Don't provide a path to config file, just a config name is allowed!
    ssh in: May 26 13:24:08 LibreWZ systemd[1]: service.hyperion.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=6/ABRT
    ssh in: May 26 13:24:08 LibreWZ systemd[1]: service.hyperion.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.

• are there some news about hyperion/hyperion.ng?
    As we can see in the changelog of CoreELEC 8.95.0 they pached kernel to get (proper?) hyperion support.
    Do we need to use hyperion.ng to "profit" from this patch?

Odroid N2 (S922X) mit 8GB eMMC und CoreELEC/Ambilight(Hyperion) mit Arduino Uno und WS2812-LED´s / Samsung 46"FullHD / Logitech Z-5500

• For round about 1 year, i have use odroid-c2 + libreelec. If i use Hyperion, i have many slowdowns. but if i have use boblight, i have no slowdowns. The movies runs very well.
    Today, i can't test any more because i have an Philips TV with Ambilyght and must not use Hyperion.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!