Flashen einer Android TV Box mit S905/S905x Chip auf Libreelec/CoreELEC und wieder zurück

• Erst gab es die AML Hacksammlung in Form von der Kszaq Community build, dann wurde versucht die Hacks möglichst einzudampfen und in ein offizielles LE einzubauen (weil auch Kszaq merkte das es nicht die Beste Idee ist so eine Sammlung auf Dauer zu betreiben), nun gibt es eine neue Community/Fork Build die diese Hacksammlung weiter betreibt bis sie dann mit Kodi 19 unbrauchbar ist - was dann kommt ist entweder noch viel mehr Hacks, gar nichts oder evtl wird doch der AML Treiber endlich fertig.

I have to say you are starting to sound a lot like chewitt there and I have disagree.

The collection of code in kszaq's builds was never 'hacks' it just did not conform to the high standards of perfection needed to be a part of LE, it was not kszaq who realized it's best not to keep those 'hacks' it was me and I started the the process of upstreaming his work to LE.

The community builds you refer to is not full of 'hacks', it just contains a different kernel to the one that is used in LE, that is more stable and has less issues. The hacky nougat PR by codesnake some months ago is responsible for most of the issues with the LE Amlogic kernel if anything is a hack it is that.

It's attitudes like this that have driven developers away from LE and Amlogic support in LE is now dead as a result of it. LE is a dying project as nobody uses Kodi on X86 anymore and Raspberry Pi is not fit for purpose, Rockchip and Amlogic is the way forward but will never truly be a part of LE with how things are.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von adamg (13. April 2018 um 17:16)

• It's attitudes like this that have driven developers away from LE and Amlogic support in LE is now dead as a result of it. LE is a dying project as nobody uses Kodi on X86 anymore and Raspberry Pi is not fit for purpose, Rockchip and Amlogic is the way forward but will never truly be a part of LE with how things are.

Exactly the point, why I switched from x86 to AML devices. I was using x86 hardware since the early 2000's for media playback and switched to xbmc with camelot.
    I have to admit, that using kodi / xbmc and x86 hardware was always kind of fiddling around. There have been stable versions, of course, but there was always something that did not work, or what you wanted to have.

In my opinion small devices like AML boxes or Rockchip Boxes are top of the notch when it comes to an almost complete media player that is easy to setup.

So I totally agree, that there is (almost) no need for expensivex86 hardware.

And I am totally happy that you guys continue the work you started in your own fork - I'll try to support you whereever it's needed.

• It's attitudes like this that have driven developers away from LE and Amlogic support in LE is now dead as a result of it. LE is a dying project as nobody uses Kodi on X86 anymore and Raspberry Pi is not fit for purpose, Rockchip and Amlogic is the way forward but will never truly be a part of LE with how things are.

So can we expect work to be done for Rockchip devices as well? Would love to see the Asus Tinker Board to get support from CoreELEC, seeing as LibreELEC doesn't seem to care much.

• Nach nem Komplettabsturz die Box neu starten und per SSH einwählen, Crashlog + [definition=9,3]Kodi.[definition='1','0']log[/definition][/definition].old runter laden und den entsprechenden Leuten zur Verfügung stellen.

Wegen dem Brummton, den kenn ich, diesen habe ich auch schon auf meinem FireTV gehabt und hierbei handelt es sich ja um offizielle nightly's, von daher ist es nen allgemeiner Fehler. Diesen konnte ich bei mir aber damit abschalten, dass ich unter System/Audio die Option "unhörbares Signal" ausgeschaltet habe.

Ok, werde ich tun, sobald es wieder passiert. :) Zu dem brum Ton, stimmt, daran habe ich nicht mehr gedacht, das es diese Option gibt. Werde ich ebenfalls testen, wenn ich den Ton wieder habe.

Gesendet von meinem Huawei Mate10 Pro mit Tapatalk Pro

Meine Geräte:
    Wohnzimmer: LG OLED55C17LB mit HDFury Diva Ambilight, Denon AVR-X2500H,AXAS E4HD Ultra DVB-C, NVIDIA ShieldTV Pro (2019), Teufel Ultima MK2 5.1-Set & Atmos Reflect Speaker
    Schlafzimmer: Samsung UE55KU6079, FireTV Stick 4k Max Gen.2, Teufel Cinebar One, Teufel Subwoofer T6
    Zubehör: Logitech Harmony 950 mit Hub, Amazon Alexa (2x Dot Gen.4, 2x Echo Show 5 Gen.2, 1x Echo Show 10 Gen.1), Philips Hue, Google Nest, Playstation 5 & PSVR2, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, Meta Quest 3, PC

• Rockchip and Amlogic is the way forward but will never truly be a part of LE with how things are.

@adamg : I find that kind of statement really unfair. Being part of the people that worked for like a year on bringing RockChip support into LE up to the point where we have stable builds.
    I wish all the best to CE on their journey, but as much as i respect your work, I would expect you to respect other people work and just not spread lies all over the place.

RockChip work was done with LE people collaboration through RockChip support, of course it's OpenSource and you can reuse it and make builds in CE for it.
    But community work and especially LE work in that area should be respected in this regard.

• @adamg : I find that kind of statement really unfair. Being part of the people that worked for like a year on bringing RockChip support into LE up to the point where we have stable builds.I wish all the best to CE on their journey, but as much as i respect your work, I would expect you to respect other people work and just not spread lies all over the place.

RockChip work was done with LE people collaboration through RockChip support, of course it's OpenSource and you can reuse it and make builds in CE for it.
    But community work and especially LE work in that area should be respected in this regard.

Apologies that you feel that way however I think you may have misinterpreted my post, I was merely referring to the attitudes of some people within LE who have been resistant to add support for other/new projects to the main branch, the status quo in LE and the long term focus is on 'stability' and devices that do not conform or fit into that mission statement are not exactly welcomed into the project, it was not that long ago that everything had to be in 'feature' branches when really there should never have been a need for that.

What have I said that is a lie?

I respect LE as a project and a lot of people who contribute to it but there is also a lot of things wrong with it which I have kept quiet about however when I see 'lies' and antagonizing posts then it is very hard not to speak up and say what is really going on.

Speaking of respect, none of the contributors in CoreELEC (including me) wanted to create a fork however it was mainly born due to the lack of respect from some of the senior members of LE, backchanneling / bitching / fighting is rife within LE where is the respect in that?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von adamg (14. April 2018 um 10:35)

• @adamg

we should really stop that here. That won't lead anywhere. It's disturbing the thread and its topic.

If there's some need for discussion please do that elsewhere. It has nothing to do with that thread.

Wertschätzung kostet nichts, aber sie ist von unschätzbarem Wert.

• I am not sure what i misinterpreted : "Rockchip and Amlogic is the way forward but will never truly be a part of LE with how things are."

We clearly brought RockChip support within LE and for LE in the first place.
    We have been submitting required patches, and made required modifications according to reviewers comments when needed.
    This is rather regular OSS way of doing thing to me and it wasn't an issue.

Now RockChip branch was merged into master, i don't see how RockChip "would never truly be part of LE" which is what you are clearly stating.
    RockChip is part of LE and fact that it's been merged talks by itself.

You can disagree with the way LE expectations didn't match yours, but there is no need to make wrong statements or insinuations that would mislead end users.

• I am not sure what i misinterpreted : "Rockchip and Amlogic is the way forward but will never truly be a part of LE with how things are."

We clearly brought RockChip support within LE and for LE in the first place.
    We have been submitting required patches, and made required modifications according to reviewers comments when needed.
    This is rather regular OSS way of doing thing to me and it wasn't an issue.

Now RockChip branch was merged into master, i don't see how RockChip "would never truly be part of LE" which is what you are clearly stating.

You can disagree with the way LE expectations didn't match yours, but there is no need to make wrong statements or insinuations that would mislead end users.

I guess you wasn't paying attention to what went on when I initially tried to add support for Amlogic to LE as it was nothing but hostile and resistant.

Rockchip was only brought in and merged with master when people starting to leave and air the concerns and not before, vpeter, myself, Raybuntu and others, it was too little too late and the damage was done.

Now that is an insinuation... I never had expectations because I didn't really care whether any PR was accepted in or not, I cared more for the community, I was just trying to make LE better for the community, I've not made any wrong statements or insinuations.

• Now RockChip branch was merged into master, i don't see how RockChip "would never truly be part of LE" which is what you are clearly stating.

Du verstehst das völlig falsch. Innerhalb von LE, also denen die entscheiden, gibt es erhebliche Vorbehalte, billige Chinaboxen, gleich welcher Architektur, zu unterstützen. Das sind nämlich genau die Hersteller, die fully loaded Kodi bewerben und anbieten, die dadurch den Ruf Kodis herunterziehen. Diese Hersteller tun sich kein bisschen dadurch hervor, etwas für KODi zu tun, nutzen auf der anderen Seite "den guten Ruf" von KODi aus. Die Hardware selber wird ja in Form von WeTek, Minix oder Odroid sogar offiziell unterstützt. Sollte der Odroid C3 auf Rock64-Basis erscheinen, würde es auch dabei bleiben. Davon bin ich überzeugt.

Genau aus dem Grunde gab's ja den Fork auf CoreElec. Eben weil den Entwicklern der AML-Boxen jeder denkbare Stein in den Weg gelegt wurde. Die Community-Builds bzw CoreElec für die AML-Boxen laufen doch sehr gut. Ich sehe nicht, wieso sich das bei Rock64-Plattform ändern sollte.

Bqeel Y8 max - S905x3 - 4/64 GByte - AC-WLAN - GBit LAN -=- Keymaps & Anleitung um Fernbedienung in CoreElec einzubinden.

• I will stop that discussion now, it's useless and i see always same rants coming along.

You can probably speak about your Amlogic experience, but just don't mix everything.
    I haven't seen any PR coming from you or even any contribution on rockchip platform, so i highly doubt you could have an valid opinion on wether you would have a clue on what LE plans to support in that area.

Feel free to make any builds out of our work, its fine, but make sure your public statements are correct.

You care about community, that's fine, we all do, misleading them is not the right way to care.
    I will stop posting in here anyways and should have never started, but that kind of statement required a clarification.

• I will stop that discussion now, it's useless and i see always same rants coming along.

You can probably speak about your Amlogic experience, but just don't mix everything.
    I haven't seen any PR coming from you or even any contribution on rockchip platform, so i highly doubt you could have an valid opinion on wether you would have a clue on what LE plans to support in that area.

Feel free to make any builds out of our work, its fine, but make sure your public statements are correct.

You care about community, that's fine, we all do, misleading them is not the right way to care.
    I will stop posting in here anyways and should have never started, but that kind of statement required a clarification.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I don't think anyone is misleading anyone. I'm the one who will be doing RK builds in the future as I did community builds in the past. I have never made it a secret that it 99% copy/paste from your and kwiboo's work.
    I'm sorry you feel that it's unjust.
    We said that Core is a soft fork of LE but I never expected so much heat and beef.

MODS können wir das in den offtopic thread verschieben bitte?

Good because you clearly don't have a clear grasp of what has gone on.

I'm not mixing anything, the experience was not specific to Amlogic, look what happened with iMX6 and 1 person made a unilateral decision to remove the project.

You seem quite the hypocrite to talk about respect and then to throw an insult like that out there, where was LE forked from or have you forgotten that? my public statements are correct and I stand by everything I have said, I have not mislead anybody and I will leave the community to judge, developers do not leave a project for no good reason, if it was 1 person your words would have meaning but it wasn't just me that left...

What is misleading is telling people that CoreELEC and kszaq releases are full of 'hacks'

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von adamg (14. April 2018 um 11:15)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!